Call Centers. The place you hate to call where companies try to waste as much of your time as possible.
At Upstream Works, we aren‘t solving world hunger or stopping global climate change. But we do work with businesses to make customer service just a little bit better. And you can help us improve the world for everyone just a little.
We provide software technology for customer care in the rapidly changing social, mobile and multichannel world of the contact center. We are at the start of a major expansion, and are looking for a Quality Assurance Analyst that will be a key contributor to the growth of Upstream Works. Reporting to the QA Manager, you will be part of a team of professionals that deploys Upstream Works’ solutions to its customers. You will play a key role in the design, configuration and delivery of Omnichannel Contact Center solutions.
What you'll do:
- Develop and execute test strategies, test plans/cases and estimating test schedules
- Perform functional, system and system integration testing against select browser and OS combinations
- Be responsible to identify, communicate and mitigate QA related project risks
- Ensures that system tests are successfully completed and documented and all problems are resolved
- Analyze documentation and communicate testing plans and results
- Plan and estimate QA activities, manage test preparation and test execution tasks, ensuring they are completed on time
- Assist in the development and implementation of test documentation deliverables
- Establish decision metrics for code promotion
- Take responsibility to operate better, faster and smarter
- Manage multiple simultaneous QA priorities/projects.
What you'll need:
- A related degree from a reputable institution
- Experience following agile methodologies like Scrum and Kanban, as they relate to running an “Agile QA” process that includes the creation of test use cases and documenting outcomes, and using source control systems such as Git
- Experience writing test plans, developing automated test cases and performing test execution
- Experience establishing a testing framework for all phases of software development
- Experience leading Test Automation development is desired
- Strong understanding of QA process, test verification and validation methodologies.
- Experience with Test Management tools – JIRA and JIRA agile desired
- An understanding of how to deliver a rich user application experience within the practical limitations of browsers
- An excellent eye for visual design and layout with great attention to detail, resulting in the delivery of exceptional user experiences
- Sensitivity to the role of the end users on the architecture and designs
- Excellent technical, problem solving and troubleshooting instincts
- A track record of continued technology learning
- An ability and willingness to write clear, concise documentation
- Experience with call centres and software product delivery is desired.
We are an Agile shop, and familiarity with Agile methodology is an asset.
The work environment is young, dynamic and entrepreneurial. We like to get things done, and have fun while we're doing it. More information about Upstream Works is available at
We offer a competitive salary and benefits. Upstream Works is located in Vaughan (Hwy7 & Jane), Ontario.
No agencies or large arthropods please.