Call Centres. The place you hate to call where companies try to waste as much of your time as possible.
At Upstream Works, we aren‘t solving world hunger or stopping global climate change. But we do work with businesses in all markets in a bid to make customer service just a little bit better. And you can help us improve the world for everyone just a little.
Upstream Works Software provides technology for customer care in the rapidly changing social, mobile and omnichannel world. Our vision is to change the way customer service works by enabling our customers to provide the best possible service for the lowest cost.
We are rapidly expanding throughout Europe and require an enthusiastic and talented Sales Engineer to support our sales efforts and contribute towards sales and development strategies. This role will be key in supporting that reputation by expanding market awareness of our products and expertise, supporting our channel sales team, identifying opportunities for revenue, and bringing critical customer requirements back into the development, production, and marketing processes.
Help sales sell.
Background to the Role and Strategy
Upstream Works has focused on the North American market (primarily the USA and Canada) for the 18 years of its history. In 2016, management decided that the company should commence operations in the UK to support Europe, Middle East and Africa (EMEA), with a goal to eventual world-wide expansion of service.
The long-term goal is to be a global leader in contact centre single agent desktop, and to grow the business via channel partners, with a focus on:
- Providing direct customer value to agents and meeting the needs of the contact centre
- Being easy to do business with and a preferred partner for our channel re-sellers
Due to the successful launch in the EMEA region Upstream Works is searching for a Sales Engineer, reporting to the Sales Engineering Manager, EMEA
The Upstream Works culture and working spirit is family focused, and in doing what we say we are going to do. Core to this is mutual respect for our fellow staff, partners and customers. The successful candidate will strive towards a common goal using common language, behaviour and demonstrate the Upstream Works values and attitudes and not one of personal kudos.
- Provide live demonstrations of the Upstream Works product to customers and partners either remotely or on-site as determined by the Sales Team
- Develop overall product solution architectures and cost estimates in conjunction with Sales and Professional Services.
- Provide product, service, or equipment technical and engineering information by answering questions and requests.
- Attend technical conferences and Partner Sales conferences throughout EMEA
- Maintain strong relationships with Partner Sales Engineers
- Provide strong communication and leadership skills including assuming a principal technical role in presentations by demonstrating technical expertise and responding to customer inquiries.
- Provide responses for RFPs/ RFQs as required.
- Provide input on overall product direction based on customer requirements.
- Craft demonstration scripts for Sales and assist with the evolution of the demonstration platform and services.
- Requires a minimum of 3+ years of Sales Engineering experience
- This role requires travel within EMEA. Most travel is planned and booked weeks in advance, but you will need to be flexible to respond to occasional demands to travel with only a couple days of notice.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Technical Pre-Sales experience with contact centre technologies such as CTI, VOIP, Call Recording, IVR, WFM, and manufacturers including Cisco, Avaya, Genesys, or Interactive Intelligence.
- Strong presentation skills in dealing with contact centre stakeholders and technology executives
- Proven experience in: responding to RFP’s, creating proposals, creating statements of work, creating BoM’s and providing server / VM specifications
- Experience leading systems integration design sessions
- Experience with Omnichannel technologies
- Mastery of PowerPoint, Excel, Word and Visio
- Being highly motivated and willing to learn new skills.
- We are an Agile shop, and familiarity with Agile methodology is an asset
- A history of working in a team environment to achieve shared goals.