You are a trusted advisor, who is solutions focused, and you place a high value on happy customers. You like dealing with real people and real solutions, but you want to keep your hand in technical details too. You are a Technical Project Manager and you want to bring common sense to project deliverables.
We are Upstream Works, a Cisco preferred solutions partner, and we provide software technology for customer care in the rapidly changing social, mobile and multichannel world of the contact center. Our goal is to be the number one agent desktop solutions provider and we are well on our way. To that end, or should we say, to that beginning, we are looking for a Technical Project Manager who wants to be a key contributor and guide the growth of Upstream Works.
Reporting to the VP of Professional Services, the Technical Project Manager will be part of a team that deploys Upstream Works’ solutions to its customers across Europe and North America. You will play a key role in the design, configuration, customization and delivery of Omnichannel Contact Center solutions to contact centers of 50 agents and 5000 agents. You set the standard for execution and you will jump through hoops, and bend over backwards to ensure every implementation results in a happy, profitable customer experience.
You are seeking a piece of the glory. A chance to work for a growing company and actively influence how we build out on our strategy.
What you'll do:
- Provide project leadership and support to project team members, functional managers, external customer and 3rd party vendors
- Work with project team members to respond to, and as appropriate, resolve or escalate project risks
- Facilitate interdepartmental project communications, both verbally and through electronic means
- Ensure individual project conformance with overall company objectives
- Ensuring on-time and on-budget delivery of all projects under your leadership
- Work with project team members to ensure that all initiatives have clear success criteria and an execution plan (including resources)
- Work with Professional Services management to confirm and negotiate resource assignment according to current business priority
- Manage customer expectations in terms of schedule, cost, scope and quality
- Communicate and negotiate technical solutions with business users
- Evaluate and track change requests using defined change management process and identify opportunities for additional revenue
- Communicate timely project status updates to the management team and clients as appropriate
- Responsible for creating, or monitoring the creation of, project artifacts including:
- High level solution design, project definitions through requirements documentation
- Technical documentation including technical functional specifications, release/deployment plans, rollback plans, etc.
- Creating project artifacts such as, schedules, issue logs and risk mitigation plans.
- Tracking of project tasks, including resource assignment, estimation and status
- Provide leadership for production release activities, including impact/risk assessment, resource allocation/co-ordination, and sponsor/business communication
- Administration of Project Management tools, including Microsoft Project and JIRA
What you'll need:
- Minimum of 2 ‘self managed’ or project leader role projects
- Minimum of 3 years of external client project implementations in an enterprise software/services based organization
- University Degree from a recognized university
- Project implementation experience on large/enterprise applications
- Strong interpersonal skills (including conflict management and negotiation)
- Must be able to clearly explain technical issues and constraints to non-technical people both in verbal and written communications
- Must have excellent written and oral communication skills, and be able to speak comfortably to a variety of audiences at operational and executive levels
- Experience working with off-site project team members is an asset
- Previous experience as a software developer or business analyst is an asset
- Project management or lead experience on telecom or contact center projects is an asset
- Preference will be given to those candidates with a demonstrated technical background in a computer science discipline as well as some practical experience in telecom
- Experience with Project Management tools such as Microsoft Project (or similar), as well as defect management software is an asset
- We are an Agile shop, and familiarity with Agile methodology is an asset
- Must currently reside in Canada (preferably in Ontario) and must be legally eligible to work in Canada
We offer a competitive salary and benefits. We are located at 8000 Jane St in Vaughan, near Hwy 7. The office is easily accessible by car or transit (both TTC and York Regional Transit). More information about Upstream Works is available at www.upstreamworks.com.
Interested candidates may apply by responding to this job posting only.
And who are we?
At Upstream, we eliminate the causes of headaches by deploying products and services for corporate and enterprise contact centers. We help solve tough problems by integrating software and using analytics to improve efficiency. And, we are proud to say we can do this in the fastest time in the industry.
We are a group of modest, dedicated, hard-working, family-friendly, close-knit people who enjoy Christmas parties, family & friend picnics, and a culture of making the extra effort to do what we say we will, and make sure it benefits all of us. Oh, and axe throwing; sometimes we put dangerous weapons in the hands of our employees and no one gets hurt!
And because we are lean, everyone has the opportunity to make decisions, affect changes and see results right away. You can directly drive the success of the company.
At Upstream, we live and work by our culture of collaboration, delivery and respect for each other. When we hand out business cards to our friends and peers, they say: “quae dicimus faciamus” – we do what we say.