Job ID: ITSVT
At Upstream Works, we provide software technology for customer care in the rapidly changing social, mobile and multi-channel world of the contact center.
We require an enthusiastic and talented Pre-Sales Engineer to support our sales efforts and contribute towards sales and development strategies. This role will be key in supporting that reputation by expanding market awareness of our products and expertise, supporting our channel sales team, identifying opportunities for revenue, and bringing critical customer requirements back into the development, production, and marketing processes.
Help Sales sell.
What you’ll do:
• Provide live demonstrations of the Upstream Works product to customers and partners either remotely or on-site as determined by the Sales Team
• Develop overall product solution architectures and cost estimates in conjunction with Sales and Professional Services.
• Provide product, service, or equipment technical and engineering information by answering questions and requests.
• Attend technical conferences and Partner Sales conferences throughout North America
• Maintain strong relationships with Partner Sales Engineers
• Provide strong communication and leadership skills including assuming a principal technical role in presentations by demonstrating technical expertise and responding to customer inquiries.
• Provide responses for RFPs/ RFQs as required.
• Provide input on overall product direction based on customer requirements.
• Craft demonstration scripts for Sales and assist with the evolution of the demonstration platform and services.
Here's how your intelligence, dedication, and drive come into play:
• Requires a minimum of 3+ years of Pre-Sales experience
• This role requires travel within North America. You can expect to travel up to 25% of the time. Most travel is planned and booked weeks in advance, but you will need to be flexible to respond to occasional demands to travel with only a couple days of notice.
• Technical Pre-Sales experience with contact center technologies such as CTI, VOIP, Call Recording, IVR, WFM, and manufacturers including Cisco, Avaya, Genesys, or Interactive Intelligence.
• Strong presentation skills in dealing with contact center stakeholders and technology executives
• Proven experience in: responding to RFP’s, creating proposals, creating statements of work, creating BoM’s and providing server / VM specifications
• Experience leading systems integration design sessions
• Experience with Omnichannel technologies
• Mastery of PowerPoint, Excel, and Word & Visio
• We are an Agile shop, and familiarity with Agile methodology is an asset
Interested candidates may apply by responding to this job posting only.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits. We are located at 8000 Jane St in Vaughan, near Hwy 7. The office is easily accessible by car or transit (both TTC and York Regional Transit). More information about Upstream Works is available at www.upstreamworks.com.
And who are we?
At Upstream, we eliminate the causes of headaches by deploying products and services for corporate and enterprise contact centers. We help solve tough problems by integrating software and using analytics to improve efficiency. And, we are proud to say we can do this in the fastest time in the industry.
We are a group of modest, dedicated, hard-working, family-friendly, close-knit people who enjoy Christmas parties, family & friend picnics, and a culture of making the extra effort to do what we say we will, and make sure it benefits all of us. Oh, and axe throwing; sometimes we put dangerous weapons in the hands of our employees and no one gets hurt!
And because we are lean, everyone has the opportunity to make decisions, affect changes and see results right away. You can directly drive the success of the company.
At Upstream, we live and work by our culture of collaboration, delivery and respect for each other. When we hand out business cards to our friends and peers, they say: “quae dicimus faciamus” – we do what we say.